This semester, I did a JSL interpreting practicum course. Man… it was great! And horrible. Lots of highs and lows, ups and downs, even horizontal movements… But, I got through!
I got to interpret in legal (okay, technically it was moot court, but still…), educational, and medical settings! I learnt so much, botched up a lot, did well in some instances. I enjoyed the lectures, got to meet some cool Deaf people, formed some nice friendships with classmates, and had an amazing mentor.
This past Wednesday, I finally gave in the portfolio:
I added a little pocket for the DVD of my interpreting. That was fun and tricky work, I must tell you. At first, I was going to make a little pocket and glue it to the back of the portfolio, but then I thought that would be tacky. So, I decided to make a pocket with holes punched into it like one of the pages and just slip it in at the back, an idea I stole from a classmate, actually. 😀 If you’re reading this, thanks, L!
It was a long day of patience and problem solving regarding this assignment… (Actually a nice little microcosm of the entire course for me.) But, it’s done. I believe the portfolios are being marked now, and I look forward to knowing my grade. I want an A!!!
I wanted to put some pictures of my interpreting on the cover, but I had none. So, I took screenshots of the videos I recorded of myself, ran them through PhotoFunia and Sketch My Photo, and spliced the results together to get a simple, yet attractive picture for the cover, if I do say so myself…
Another chapter is over, guys. Let’s see what happens as the next page is turned…